Don't have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES
The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.
LEADERS: Bam Beka27 BinkyBunny KokaneeandKahlua LBJ10 LittlePuffyTail LongEaredLions RabbitPam Sarita
Since Layla is successfully making it through her spay, I'm thinking of getting a second bun from a rescue sometime this month or early next month. However I'd like the new bunny to move into Layla's palace eventually, and have them bonded for companionship. Where do I start? Should I call the shelters that are close enough and see if they'll let me do a bunny date with a young buck? Can I just get whatever buck appears good tempered and really stands out and then deal with bonding after the fact? I mean, it'll be Layla's room mate so I imagine she should be involved in the decision, lol.
Any advice would really be appreciated, I'd like to go about things the best possible way to minimize stress and maximize the chance of the two buns really hitting it off.