The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.
LEADERS: Beka27 BinkyBunny Elrohwen KokaneeandKahlua LittlePuffyTail Peppypoo RabbitPam Sarita
i've been a long time reader of the forums, but i've never posted.
my husband and i have a princess bun by the name of yuna, whom we rescued almost a year and a half ago. her life history that we can somewhat verify is pretty sorted, but our vet thinks she had a horrific life before she came to us. i'll spare everyone the details because i can't even think about them without crying
due to the strange circumstances under which we got her we are unsure as to her age but our best guess is that she is two years old this spring. when we first got her she was pregnant but she was spayed a few months after delivering.
she is a complete diva who is known for her diva fits. my best friend has nicknamed her "mimi" after mariah carey's alter ego - she is that divatastic.
despite her long presence in our home our dog (8 years old, adopted into our home at 5 years old) still doesn't know what to make of her. they are friends and he enjoys chasing her, but whenever she tries to engage him he acts like she's bullying him
yuna is the first rabbit my husband or i have ever had. we were completely unprepared for the uniqueness of having a rabbit for a pet and at times still find ourselves at a loss.
thanks so much for having me
thanks so much for the welcome everyone
she is a very pretty bun and she knows it!
Posted By MirBear on 03/03/2010 01:19 PM
she wasn't bunnynapped... i'm not brave enough *lol*
we bought her off a petting zoo that was beside a butcher's. i'm not joking. it was friggin' bleak.
Posted By mellowzmom on 03/03/2010 03:35 PM
She has blue eyes! Of course she is a diva. (mellow sighs... in love)
she actually has one blue eye and one brown eye (its called heterochromia). our vet thinks it happened due to an injury in her previous life.
its also how she got her name - yuna is in reference to a character in final fantasy that had different coloured eyes. i wanted to name her "bowie" after david bowie who appears to have different coloured eyes, but bowie bunny sounded too cutesy
i was wondering that if i was going to post questions about her behaviour, should i bunch them all together in one post or break them up?
thank you again for the welcome
i posted new pictures of her on my blog yesterday.
yuna is what i call a sly binkier. she only binkies when she thinks we aren't looking.
she is also a total night owl which is problematic as we aren't due to work/school commitments. she has a chair that she loves to sleep behind for 80% of the day and the other 20% she is a cuddling, troublemaking machine.
she is also a extremely demanding cuddler. she will headbutt and bite to get the level of attention that she wants *lol*
oh she is also a "free range bun". she does have her own area (we converted a walk-in closet into a room for her) that we enclose her in at night, but during the day she roams free around our apartment
we were completely unprepared for the uniqueness of having a rabbit for a pet and at times still find ourselves at a loss.
thanks for the welcome jerseygirl, Beka27, & Lintini.
yuna is snoozing as we speak. she's had a hard day of grooming, mooching carrots, and being cute