Last Post by Skipper's Mama at 11/01/2012 6:28 PM (3 Replies)
|
Author Messages

User is Offline NikitaSue20
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
132 posts Send Private Message
11/01/2012 4:42 PM
I need help! I just found mold in my home. I'm pretty sure its toxic because when i found it in the crawl space the smell made me sick. I need to get the landlord down here to fix it and he don't know I have rabbits because he would try to charge me 800 a month for them. Idk what to do with them because there is six so how am i supposta find them somewhere to stay for days?

User is Offline Roberta
Wanneroo, Western Australia
3372 posts Send Private Message
11/01/2012 5:53 PM
Hi NikitaSue,
Firstly where is the mold exactly and is it visible inside your home ? Is there additional moisture damage that may require structural repairs ? If so then you might need to move out for a few days to the home of family or friends and take the buns with you, especially if the mold has to be cleaned aggresively with chemicals. However, if it is contained and has not caused major damage you may be able to get your landlord to supply the chemicals and you or a friend carry out the work. It is also entirely possible he might arrange contractors who would not have any reason to report the presence of your rabbits...
Check out the link below for some answers.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/toxi...oning.html
 photo 08990f11-285a-44a8-8afe-47ee405d6fd1_zps09e3c66f.jpg

User is Offline Roberta
Wanneroo, Western Australia
3372 posts Send Private Message
11/01/2012 5:55 PM
Also check your lease for wording regarding pets, if it only stipulates cats and dogs you might be OK..
 photo 08990f11-285a-44a8-8afe-47ee405d6fd1_zps09e3c66f.jpg

User is Offline Skipper's Mama
Florida
1252 posts Send Private Message
11/01/2012 6:28 PM
There are several ways that you can try to kill mold naturally. I'm not going to lie I use a mixture of things to kill mold. I use vinegar and comet. I use the vinegar to create a paste with the mold and set it on the mold and let it sit overnight. It's normally gone by the next day. But I'm guessing your mold it worse so it'll take some aggressive measures to get rid of. Roberta has some great suggestions. I hope you get it taken care of!


---