BINKYBUNNY FORUMS > BONDING > Second Bunny Delima... Advice please
Last Post by LittlePuffyTail at 10/25/2012 1:15 AM (2 Replies)
|
Author Messages

User is Offline CocoVermont802
103 posts Send Private Message
10/22/2012 11:40 AM

So here is the situation. My friends and i go rabbits at the same time they were from the same litter. But now she decided she doesnt really have time for it anymore. So that leaves me feeling guilty into offering to take it, what do you guys think i should do?

 Pro's : I would feel better about coco having a friend while im at work. Second Bun is already spayed.

Con's: I know it would take bonding tactics because they fought last time they were together. My parents probably wouldnt be to happy as i am still living with them. Second bun is not potty trained what so every, and she is a year old so it would take some work.

 

I just dont know if the stress of bonding would be worth it if it even worked! Or the stress on me! lol

 

Please give me some thoughts on what you think i should do.


User is Offline CocoVermont802
103 posts Send Private Message
10/22/2012 12:05 PM
And they are both girls! Dont know if that matters

User is Offline LittlePuffyTail
New Brunswick, Canada
Forum Leader
11699 posts Send Private Message
10/25/2012 1:15 AM
Well, my first advice is to talk to your parents about it first. It's their house so you want to make sure they approve.

Second, yes you are correct that bonding can be a lengthy, stressful process. You will need two rabbit condos/pens until they are fully bonded which could take weeks or even months. Do you have the space to house 2 rabbits?

You'll also want to consider the costs of adding another rabbits. Double all expenses plus double the chance of vet bills.

Next you will have to consider "What if you can't bond them?" Are you willing to keep the second bunny separate?

Having 2 bunnies is great but you have to make sure it's right for your situation.
Proud to be a Bunny Hugger and a voice for the voiceless
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS > BONDING > Second Bunny Delima... Advice please

---